Request for account deactivation/closing
If a house or any facility no longer needs electricity supply, it is important to mae a request for account closing. In this occasion we will remove the meter and the billing will stop for that relevant account.
For example, you had a cafeteria, and now you have decided to close it, and since you no longer need electricity, then you have to make a request for closing your KESCO account.
The request to close the account can also be made when: No one lives in a building and you do not want to be billed for electricity month by month; an object is being demolished and you request that the meter be permanently removed from where it is located, etc.
To make this request you must come to the KESCO counters in your city. While the steps to be followed for the realization of this request are:
1. You must have an identification document and notarized authorization with you if you are applying for someone else.
It is important that the person in whose name the account is registered, comes and makes the request in person or has the notarized authorization.
2. Take with you the payment evidence that proves the payment of the debt to KESCO in fully completed.
This is because you can deactivate an account only when the debt on that account is zero.
3. Fill in the request form you receive at our counters, fill and submit it.
When filling out the form it is necessary to add the relevant data including: Personal data, as well as the customer ID of the account.
Some important rules when you make this requirement are:
• The customer must be present when disconnecting and removing the meter from the site.
• It is also important to know that the meter removed from that site will be sent to a calibration or testing laboratory in accordance with applicable procedures.
• In case there are kW / h accumulated and unbilled according to the test results from the calibration center, the customer is responsible to complete all financial and legal obligations around the particular meter.
Customers can also request to close their account online, through the eKesco application. This is done by selecting the option Request and Complaints in the main menu of this application.
Please note that at the moment the customer does not make the request for deactivation or account closing, that account is considered active and therefore a fixed fee is billed at the end of each month.
It is also important to know that if an account has been closed or deactivated for no longer than 24 months, you can reactivate it by making an activation request at KESCO.
Also keep in mind that closing the account is a more permanent measure, so please make sure that electricity is not permanently needed in the site for which the passivation request is made.